Just like human babies who suddenly become mobile, protecting greyhounds from themselves in the home is important for your dog’s health and safety. In this episode, uncover some of the hidden dangers in your home and how to shore them up.
- View and save a comprehensive list of household items, medications, indoor/outdoor plans, and more that are poisonous to dogs.
- Listen to our episode about fencing options for your yard on Episode 50, Fence Me In––Choosing the Right Fence for Your Greyhound episode.
- Discover what you need to know about water safety when you listen to Episode 62, Ahoy there, Greyhound! Water and Boat Safety
Pet Poison Hotlines
Please put the phone number for your country into your phone’s contacts list. Note that you may be charged for these calls.
- United States – ASPCA Animal Poison Control – 888-426-4335
- Canada and the United Sates – Pet Poison Hotline – 855-764-7661
- United Kingdom – Animal PoisonLine – 01202 509000
- Other Countries – Contact your veterinarian.
- Donate to help Greyhound Friends of New Jersey help more former racing greyhounds get to where they need to be next: loving homes of their own
- Get your About Greyhounds podcast t-shirt and other merch. A portion of the proceeds of each item sold is donated to Greyhound Friends of New Jersey.
- Order 1 BarkBox, or a 6 or 12 months subscription through our special link and they’ll donate $25 to Greyhound Friends of New Jersey.
We’re not too proud to ask! Please consider giving us a 5 star rating and review on iTunes. Doing so will help get the podcast in front of more people who love greyhounds.
Note: Jacqueline Howard and Albert Cavallo are not medical professionals and provide the content of this episode for informational purposes only. Jacqueline, Al, and the About Greyhounds podcast do not and will not provide medical advice, including for a specific dog. Seek the guidance of your veterinarian with any medical questions or concerns you may have about your greyhound or other dog.