With only 4% body fat, greyhounds aren’t very buoyant, so special care needs to be given to their safety when around water, either pools, natural bodies, and, of course, when boating. In this episode, discover what you need to know about keeping your greyhound safe while you enjoy the water together.
- Listen to our episode about summertime safety for your greyhound.
- Ruffwear®Float Coat Life Jackets
- Outward Hound’s® Grandby Ripstop Life Jacket
- Water Warden Pool Fence
- How Stuff Works article: How to Save a Drowning Dog
- First Aid for Life Video: CPR for Your Dog (Special Instruction Mention for Greyhounds)
- Scamper Ramp for Pools and Boats
- Donate to help Greyhound Friends of New Jersey help more former racing greyhounds get to where they need to be next: loving homes of their own.
- Order 1 BarkBox, or a 6 or 12 months subscription through our special link and they’ll donate $25 to Greyhound Friends of New Jersey.
- Get your About Greyhounds podcast t-shirt and other merch. A portion of the proceeds of each item sold is donated to Greyhound Friends of New Jersey.
Here’s access to all About Greyhounds podcast episodes, sorted by category.
We’re not too proud to ask! Please consider giving us a 5 star rating and review on iTunes. Doing so will help get the podcast in front of more people who love greyhounds.
Note: Jacqueline Howard and Albert Cavallo are not medical professionals and provide the content of this episode for informational purposes only. Jacqueline, Al, and the About Greyhounds podcast do not and will not provide medical advice, including for a specific dog. Seek the guidance of your veterinarian with any medical questions or concerns you may have about your greyhound or other dog