Chewing is a natural dog behavior. But when it becomes destructive, it does more than ruin your things––it’s also a danger to your greyhound. In this episode, find out more about this behavior, why some greyhounds do it, and how to redirect it.
- Check out Kong, one of the most popular chew toys for greyhounds. Add in some peanut butter and freeze the Kong to create an irresistible treat for your hound. Typically, the extra large size works best for greyhounds. If your greyhound is very small (50 pounds or under), the large size may be better.
- The Flexi (NOT the hard) Nylabone is an ideal chew toy for greyhounds. Be sure to get one that’s large in size as smaller Flexi Nylabones are a choking hazard for greyhounds.
- Looking for a great stuffy for your greyhound? Check out the American Classic Large Rabbit (or other large American Classic toy designs).
- Your greyhound may also love the stuffingless stuffies from Outward Hound. Many greyhounds love the Invincible Snake.
- Basket muzzles are made specifically for greyhounds and similarly built dogs. Here’s where Jacqueline buys hers; in the very least, check out basket muzzles here so you know what they look like. Most greyhound adoption organizations will provide you with a basket muzzle when you adopt, but it’s always good to have an extra one handy.
*Note that the About Greyhounds podcast is NOT compensated for product recommendations unless it is specifically stated. We have not been compensated for the above recommendations.
Here’s access to all About Greyhounds podcast episodes, sorted by category.
- If your greyhound suffers from separation anxiety, listen to Episode 8, Unexpected Approaches to “curing” Separation Anxiety within Days.”
- Discover tips on “greyhound proofing” your home when you listen to Episode 65, “Greyhound Proofing Your Home.”
- Donate to help Greyhound Friends of New Jersey help more former racing greyhounds get to where they need to be next: loving homes of their own
- Get your About Greyhounds podcast t-shirt and other merch. A portion of the proceeds of each item sold is donated to Greyhound Friends of New Jersey.
- Order 1 BarkBox, or a 6 or 12 months subscription through our special link and they’ll donate $25 to Greyhound Friends of New Jersey.
We’re not too proud to ask! Please consider giving us a 5 star rating and review on iTunes. Doing so will help get the podcast in front of more people who love greyhounds.