As Adopt a Greyhound Month comes to a close, this special episode and the story of senior greyhounds in need of loving homes needs to be told. Adopting a former racing greyhound is a rewarding experience. Adopting a senior can be even more of a precious decision for both you and the aging greyhound. There is something quite profound and beautiful about our greying friends. Discover why many adopters specifically seek available senior greyhounds, the reasons they find the experience so fulfilling, and the things to consider before bringing a senior greyhound home.
- Donate to the Sugar Plum Memorial Fund, specifically created by Greyhound Friends of New Jersey to help pay for the care of the senior greyhounds who come to our door.
- Catch our About Greyhounds podcast episode about Exploring Pet Health Insurance for Your Greyhound.
- Listen to the About Greyhounds podcast episode, “Caring for Your Aging Greyhound”.
- Listen to the About Greyhounds podcast episode, “Your Greyhound’s Chompers”.
- Top 10 Reasons to Adopt a Greyhound –– share this card on social media, print it to hand out to prospective adopters, or print it on business cards with your greyhound adoption organization’s contact information (e.g., website and social media).
- Get your About Greyhounds podcast t-shirt and other merch. A portion of the proceeds of each item sold is donated to Greyhound Friends of New Jersey.
Here’s access to all About Greyhounds podcast episodes, sorted by category.
We’re not too proud to ask! Please consider giving us a 5 star rating and review on iTunes. Doing so will help get the podcast in front of more people who love greyhounds.