As Adopt a Greyhound Month continues, you may be considering adopting your first or another greyhound. Bravo! Part of making an informed decision is being clear on the finances involved. In this episode, we present the ballpark costs that you may incur, starting with the adoption, plus the potential annual costs of caring for a greyhound.
- Donate to help Greyhound Friends of New Jersey help more former racing greyhounds get to where they need to be next: loving homes.
- Catch our About Greyhounds podcast episode about Exploring Pet Health Insurance for Your Greyhound.
- Check out this article about the annual costs of caring for a greyhound from Frugalwoods; consider that the prices listed for flea, tick, and heartworm prevention are presented as very much below average costs and that prices for many items listed can vary by region.
- For comparison, also check out this article from The Spruce about the annual costs of caring for a dog. Remember, prices and costs can vary by region.
- Top 10 Reasons to Adopt a Greyhound –– share this card on social media, print it to hand out to prospective adopters, or print it on business cards with your greyhound adoption organization’s contact information (e.g., website and social media).
- Get your About Greyhounds podcast t-shirt and other merch. A portion of the proceeds of each item sold is donated to Greyhound Friends of New Jersey.
Here’s access to all About Greyhounds podcast episodes, sorted by category.
We’re not too proud to ask! Please consider giving us a 5 star rating and review on iTunes. Doing so will help get the podcast in front of more people who love greyhounds.