You’ve taken the plunge and now you’re wondering … “Should I adopt a second greyhound?” It’s a good question. And, like many great questions, the answer is, “It depends.” In this episode we’ll walk you through the things to consider before you add another greyhound to your home.
Plus … right smack dab in the middle of Adopt a Greyhound Month, the USA celebrates National Volunteer Week! We’ll talk about the opportunities to consider, some small and simple, some big, to lend a hand to your local greyhound adoption organization.
- Donate to help Greyhound Friends of New Jersey help more former racing greyhounds get to where they need to be next: loving homes.
- Watch this short video on how to get your greyhound(s) in and out of the car safely with this simple trick.
- Watch this short video on how to safely hold your greyhound(s) leash(es).
- Top 10 Reasons to Adopt a Greyhound –– share this card on social media, print it to hand out to prospective adopters, or print it on business cards with your greyhound adoption organization’s contact information (e.g., website and social media).
- Do you need an extra muzzle (or two) specifically made for greyhounds? Here’s our recommendation of where to get it online. If you prefer to purchase somewhere else, click here anyway, just to see what a greyhound basket muzzle looks like.
- Listen to the About Greyhounds podcast titled, “Now What? Bringing Your New Greyhound Home Part 1. Then listen to Part 2.
- Did you miss our episode all about Adopt a Greyhound Month? If so, you can catch it here.
- Get your About Greyhounds podcast t-shirt and other merch. A portion of the proceeds of each item sold is donated to Greyhound Friends of New Jersey.
Here’s access to all About Greyhounds podcast episodes, sorted by category.
We’re not too proud to ask! Please consider giving us a 5 star rating and review on iTunes. Doing so will help get the podcast in front of more people who love greyhounds.