Bringing home a new greyhound is exciting. It can also beg many questions. In this episode, we have a discussion about actions you can take to help you and your greyhound have a smooth, safe, and happy transition from the race track or foster home to your forever home.
- Watch the short video: How to safely hold the leash of a 45 MPH sight hound (AKA, the Linda Lyman Loop).
- Watch the short video: How to safely get your greyhound in and out of your vehicle.
- Watch this short video: Teaching your greyhound to use stairs.
- Watch this short video: How a power walk is done.
- Print and share this greyhound lab results card with your veterinarian so he or she can see testing values and calculate safe anesthesia dosages. Remember, greyhound blood is very different than the blood of all other dog breeds.
- Download the free Greyhound Friends of New Jersey free app from Apple Store or Google Play.
- Donate to help Greyhound Friends of New Jersey, a non-profit organization, move more greyhounds from their careers to retirement in loving homes.
- Get your About Greyhounds podcast t-shirt while they’re hot! 100% of the profits Greyhound Friends of New Jersey gets from these t-shirts goes to help the greyhounds in the organization’s care.
We’re not too proud to ask! Please consider giving us a 5-star review on iTunes. When you do, the podcast will get in front of more people who love greyhounds.