Taking place in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania April 26–29, 2018, Greyhounds in Gettysburg®, or GiG, as it’s affectionately called, is the largest greyhound gathering in the United States. In this episode, pull up a chair and listen in on a conversation with Toni Duchi, the Executive Director of GiG and President of Nittany Greyhounds. Toni shares all you need to know about the event, now in it’s 20th year. You’ll hear about vendors for an amazing greyhound shopping experience, educational seminars, social activities, and more! Thanks to the dedication of countless volunteers, GiG has become the largest greyhound reunion in the U.S., with more than 1,000 sighthounds and their people (from all over the world) arriving in historic Gettysburg.
- Visit the Greyhounds in Gettysburg website for the schedule of events, accommodation information (hotels, motels, camp grounds B&Bs), registration, vendors, and more.
- You can find additional, dog-welcoming accommodations at BringFido.com.
- Greyhounds in Gettysburg Facebook event page.
- Greyhounds in Gettysburg Facebook community page.
- Nittany Greyhounds website.
- If you have questions about Greyhounds in Gettysburg, eMail Toni Duchi.
- General George Custer fought at Gettysburg. He also loved greyhounds. Discover more about General Custer and his dogs when you listen to the About Greyhounds podcast episode titled An Officer and His Greyhounds: George Armstrong Custer.
- Before traveling with your greyhound, get travel safety tips who you listen to the About Greyhounds podcast episode titled Planes, Trains, and Automobiles–Traveling with Your Greyhound.
- Donate to help Greyhound Friends of New Jersey Help More Greyhounds to find loving homes.
- Get your very own About Greyhounds podcast t-shirt and other gear; a portion of each sale is donated Greyhound Friends of New Jersey.
We’re not too proud to ask! Please consider giving us a 5-star review on iTunes. When you do, the podcast will get in front of more people who love greyhounds.