The holiday season is time to celebrate with family and friends. The holidays can also be rife with hazards for your greyhound. In this episode, we uncover what they are and the things you can do to keep your greyhound safe.
- For guidance on hiring a petsitter or boarding situation for your greyhound, listen to Episdoe 16: Your Geyhound’s Staycation When You Travel.
- Fireworks are often the cause of much anxiety in dogs; they are also one of the top reasons dogs “escape” or run away. Listen to the Episode 13: Boom! Fireworks, Thunderstorms, and Calming a Frightened Greyhound.
- Review the ASPCA’s list of plants that are toxic to dogs.
- Review the ASPCA’s list of foods that are toxic to dogs.
- Poison Help/Hot Lines for Animals
Please put the phone number(s) for your country in your mobile phone’s contact list or write the number down and keep it in your wallet:
United States, ASPCA Poison Control Hotline – 888-426-4335
- Canada and the United States, Pet Poison Hotline – 855-764-7661
- United Kingdom, AnimalPoison Line– 01202 509000
- Other countries – Please call your your veterinarian to find out if your country has such a service and, if so, what the number is.
- Donate to Greyhound Friends of New Jersey to help more greyhounds find their ways to loving homes.
- Get the About Greyhounds t-shirt (and other cool stuff!)
Here’s access to all About Greyhounds podcast episodes, sorted by category.
We’re not too proud to ask! Please consider giving us a 5-star review on iTunes. When you do, the podcast will get in front of more people who love greyhounds.