The 142nd Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show begins days after this episode drops. Many adopters of former racing greyhounds often wonder what the difference is between National Greyhound Association (NGA) greyhounds and American Kennel Club (AKC) show greyhounds. They’re surprised to learn that they’re the same breed. However, there are differences between NGA greyhounds and greyhounds who meet the AKC breed standards.
In this episode discover what differentiates greyhounds meeting the AKC breed standard from NGA greyhounds.
- Donate to help Greyhound Friends of New Jersey help more former racing greyhounds get to where they need to be next: Home.
- Discover your greyhound’s pedigree.
- Side-by-side photo comparison of a greyhound that meets AKC breed standards and an NGA greyhound.
- Meet Gia (GrandCru Gioconda), Best in Show at the 2016 National Dog Show. Here’s a stunning image of her.
- NGA greyhound color chart.
- AKC greyhound color chart.
- AKC greyhound profile.
- AKC greyhound breed standards.
- Foreign (outside the USA) AKC registries.
Here’s access to all About Greyhounds podcast episodes, sorted by category.
We’re not too proud to ask! Please consider giving About Greyhounds a 5-star rating on iTunes. Doing so helps to keep us up in the charts so that other greyhound lovers can see that this podcast series is available.