Truly, the most difficult topic for us to cover and for you to hear: knowing when it’s time to let your greyhound go. In recognition of Rainbow Bridge Remembrance Day (August 28), this episode explores the process of making an informed decision, what to expect during euthanasia, what happens after, and more.
- For at-home euthanasia of your dog, ask your veterinarian for a referral. If s/he can not provide one, visit the In Home Pet Euthanasia Directory (USA, Canada, and UK).
- For interment facilities, visit the International Association Of Pet Cemeteries & Crematories.
- Read the Rainbow Bridge poem here.
- Zee & Zoey Blog (Deborah Barnes)
- Donate to help Greyhound Friends of New Jersey help more former racing greyhounds get to where they need to be next: loving homes of their own.
- Get your About Greyhounds podcast t-shirt and other merch. A portion of the proceeds of each item sold is donated to Greyhound Friends of New Jersey.
- Order 1 BarkBox, or a 6 or 12 months subscription through our special link and they’ll donate $25 to Greyhound Friends of New Jersey.
Here’s access to all About Greyhounds podcast episodes, sorted by category.
We’re not too proud to ask! Please consider giving us a 5 star rating and review on iTunes. Doing so will help get the podcast in front of more people who love greyhounds.