Part 2: In this episode, we continue (and conclude) our conversation with Nancy Bowden, an experienced dogsitter and Trustee of Greyhound Friends of New Jersey.
Being a greysitter––one who watches someone’s greyhound, usually while they are away overnight––is an interesting way to perhaps earn some money while enjoying an extra greyhound or two in your home. It’s also a big responsibility. Listen to this episode to help you decide if this is a role for you or if you simply want to know how many greysitters prepare and what they do for your greyhound while you’re away.
- Nancy’s Dog Sitter Guide (Information about greyhounds you are sitting for.)
- Nancy’s Medical Release Form (This is an informational document, not a legal document.)
- Compare pet sitter insurance to make an informed decision about the policy that fits your needs at National Association of Professional Pet Sitters (NAPPS) and Pet Sitters International.
- Resources and certification training form Pet Sitters International.
- Listen to Episode 11: Toxins and Injuries and Dangers, Oh My! First Aid for Your Greyhound.
- Donate to Greyhound Friends of New Jersey to help more greyhounds find their ways to loving homes.
- If you’re a greysitter in NJ, PA, NY, DE, or CT and wish to be listed on the Greyhound Friends of New Jersey Greysitter List, eMail Patty Comerford. This list is shared upon request with Greyhound Friends of New Jersey adopters in need of a greysitter. Patty will need your name, phone number, city, state, rates (or if you sit for a donation or swap), how many dogs are in your home and what breed, if you have cats or other animals in your home, and if you have a fenced yard.
An important note: Jacqueline Howard and Nancy Bowden are not medical professionals and have not and are not providing medical advice specific to your dog. The content provided in this episode of About Greyhounds is intended as informational only. Seek the guidance of a trained and experienced veterinarian if your dog becomes ill or injured and before administering any drugs/medications, including over the counter drugs/medications.
We’re not too proud to ask! Please consider giving us a 5-star review on iTunes. When you do, the podcast will get in front of more people who love greyhounds.