October 1 marks the celebration of National Black Dog Day. In this episode, we explore why black dogs have their own, special day, a little touch of controversy over the data, and why black dogs make loving companions, just like other dogs.
- Check out your former racing greyhound’s pedigree (family tree). In most cases, National Greyhound Association-registered greyhounds pedigrees go back up to 200 years, and sometimes more.
- Listen to Episode 9, A Goddess, A Royal Greyhound, and Immortality to discover a famous, black greyhound who just happened to be black.
- If you enjoyed this episode and/or have been enjoying the About Greyhounds podcast series, please consider donating to Greyhound Friends of New Jersey so the nonprofit organization can help more greyhounds get to where they belong: loving homes.
- Become a new customer of BarkBox to get one BarkBox, or a six or twelve month subscription. Each month they’ll send your dog a box filled with yummy treats and fun toys. In return, BarkBox will donate $25 to Greyhound Friends of New Jersey. Be sure to order through our special link.
- Get your About Greyhounds podcast on! You can, when you order your very own About Greyhounds podcast t-shirt. All Greyhound Friends of New Jersey profits from the sale of these t-shirts goes to help the organization continue its important work.
- Greyhound Friends of New Jersey’s VIRTUAL 5K, 5K for Greys, will happen October 20 through October 29, 2017. Register and then walk, run, cycle, swim … you name it … any time during those dates, up to 5K (about 3.1 miles). We’ll send you a beautiful medal on a blue ribbon for meeting the challenge. More information and registration here.
We’re not too proud to beg. Consider giving us 5 starts in iTunes. It’s not that we think so highly of ourselves. But when we get 5 stars, we move up higher in the podcast charts and, therefore, exposed to more greyhound lovers and those considering adopting a greyhound.