On October 5 through October 8 (event check-in is October 6), greyhounds and their people will be celebrating the breed at Rehoboth Beach in Delaware. It’s Greyhounds Reach the Beach®, produced by The Grapehound Wine Tour, Inc., a 501(c)(3) registered charity established to benefit greyhound and sighthound adoption. All proceeds from this event, after costs, are donated to 501(c)(3) greyhound adoption organizations.
In this episode, we have a conversation with Sara Dougherty. Sarah gives us a preview of Greyhounds Reach the Beach®, including the social events, speakers, and vendors you can expect. She also shares information about accommodations and dining options.
- Visit the Greyhounds Reach the Beach® website for more details about the event, including hotel information and more.
- Register for Greyhounds Reach the Beach®, a deal at only $20. Your registration fee also covers the dog license fee required by the hosting town.
- Listen to the Planes, Trains, and Automobiles: Traveling with Your Greyhound About Greyhounds podcast episode for tips on traveling with your dog.
- Donate to Greyhound Friends of New Jersey (GFNJ) to hep more greyhounds transition from track to homes of their own.
- Get your About Greyhounds podcast T-shirt! All GFNJ profits from the sale of this merchandise goes to our greyhounds.
We’re not too proud to ask! Please consider giving us a 5-star review on iTunes. When you do, the podcast will get in front of more people who love greyhounds.