Disaster can strike at anytime. Be it a natural one, like a hurricane, nor’easter, earthquake, or tornado, or man-made, like a forest fire, gas explosion, etc. Your first priority is to keep you and other people safe. You also want to protect your greyhound. In this episode, we discuss with Sue Smith of the Middlesex County Animal Response TEAM (CART) how to be prepared to protect your dog before, during, and after a disaster. Readiness is key in keeping yourself and everyone you love safe.
- Discover more about CART in NJ.
- Plan ahead for disasters, from the United States Department of Homeland Security.
- Disaster resources for pets, from the United States Department of Homeland Security.
- Donate to Greyhound Friends of New Jersey to help more former racing greyhounds find loving, permanent homes.
- Subscribe to BarkBox and get a monthly box of toys and treats for your dog. When new customers subscribe through this link, they’ll donate $25 to Greyhound Friends of New Jersey.
- Get your About Greyhounds podcast T-shirt! All GFNJ profits from the sale of this merchandise goes to our greyhounds.
We’re not too proud to ask! Please consider giving us a 5-star review on iTunes. When you do, this podcast will get in front of more people who love greyhounds.