The celebration of Adopt a Greyhound Month continues with our special guest, Allan Jay. Allan is a chart-topping recording artist in the UK. He won Best Male Artist 2015 and the LBGTQ Music Award 2016.
Last month, Allan released a charity single for the Retired Greyhound Trust in the UK. It’s part of a campaign that was created to build awareness about male greyhounds … the boys. In the UK, 80% of greyhounds waiting for adoption are male as most adopters want females. In the US, we find many adopters have a stronger preference for females, too.
Why? There are many misconceptions about male greyhounds. The Let’s Hear it for the Boys campaign dispels the myths about males in a very fun and educational way.
In this episode, Allan walks us through the “boy issue” and the campaign.
- Discover more about the Retired Greyhound Trust and the “Let’s Hear it for the Boys” campaign.
- Buy Allan’s CD; proceeds go to the Retired Greyhound Trust. (Outside the UK, please email SHOP@RETIREDGREYHOUNDS.CO.UK for postal rates.) Allan’s single, “Let’s Hear It for the Boy” is also available on iTunes and other popular platforms, with proceeds benefiting the Retired Greyhound Trust.
- Watch Allan’s “Let’s Hear It for the Boy” video.
- Click here to donate to Greyhound Friends of New Jersey.
- Explore more about the About Greyhounds podcast.